Refrigerators of different brands – concerning their space, features, and convenience – play a vital role in the functionality of any kitchen. However, some fridges may experience unexpected faults or breakdowns even though purchased from reputed dealers or brands. The repairing cost of a refrigerator can vary depending on its brand, model, and damage.
But, how do you know what your options are for a refrigerator repair? When do you need to replace your refrigerator, and what does that cost?
There are different types of brands, warranties, and options for refrigerator repair services.
Let’s explore some of the available options for you!
Tell-Tale Signs That Your Refrigerator Needs A Repair
Call: (647) 749-9088
Most homeowners don’t spend a lot of time thinking about their home refrigerators. However, when your refrigerator stops working, it could cause serious problems. The good news is that there are some tell-tale signs your refrigerator is on its way out.
You should pay attention to these signs:
- The items in your refrigerator don’t stay cool or frozen
- Your refrigerator’s light is NOT working
- You are facing an increase in your electricity bills
- Your refrigeration unit is making strange noises
- Your refrigerator is leaking water
- Your refrigerator’s door is sweating
- There is too much ice buildup in the refrigeration unit
Top 3 Refrigerator Brands With Their Average Repair Cost
Note that the repair cost of any appliance (be it a refrigerator or anything else) depends on two things:
- Parts’ cost (that need replacement)
- Labor Cost
The cost may differ depending on the make, model, location, complexity of the problem, and the part that needs to be replaced. If the replacement parts are readily available, this can cut the overall time of your refrigerator repair.
The top three brands that are ruling the kitchens (and the market, of course) are the following:
The Average Repair Cost of GE Refrigerators
As a reputable manufacturer of household appliances, GE manufactures a variety of refrigerators that come at varying styles and prices. As a result, a GE refrigerator can be an excellent investment for someone looking for something durable. The average repair cost of a GE refrigerator is $290.40.
The Average Repair Cost of Whirlpool Refrigerators
Whirlpool fridges are highly regarded for their quality, durability, and lifespan. Customers are loyal to Whirlpool, as the brand’s fridges last longer than many others and need fewer repairs. In addition, Whirlpool fridges are competitively priced (even on the fanciest models), and all of the brand’s appliances are energy-efficient.
The average repair cost of Whirlpool refrigerators is $266.80.
The Average Repair Cost of Frigidaire Refrigerators
For decades, Frigidaire has been the top choice for many households. Even today, with so many refrigerators available from a range of manufacturers that are similar in design, Frigidaire remains a reliable and valued manufacturer.
Frigidaire is one of the most widely recognized refrigeration brands that make a broad range of products, ranging from low to high-priced, energy-efficient refrigerators that are reliable and low-maintenance. The average repair cost of Frigidaire refrigerators is $234.40.
Tips to Make the Most out of Your Refrigerator
Want your refrigerator to last longer with you? Who doesn’t? After all, refrigerators are a staple in the kitchen. Below are some tips that you can act upon to make your refrigerator live a longer life regardless of its brand.
- Have a regular refrigerator maintenance schedule.
- Change your refrigerator filter once every six months.
- Check the drain hose and make sure it is not clogged. Inspect and clean the condenser coils once a year. They are located behind the grill on top of the refrigerator).
- Check for damage and replace anything that may have been damaged during a move. Make sure there is proper airflow around the unit. If you need to adjust, use cardboard or wood as spacers to place under the legs of the appliance. Adjusting the tilt of your refrigerator unit can help with airflow in your home.
- Please turn off your refrigerator when it is not in use. Let’s say, if you are away from home for more than four hours, turn off your refrigerator to prevent food spoilage and save money on your energy bill.
- Make sure you have adequate insulation in and around your refrigerator. Also, make sure all doors are closed securely.
- Do not put items in front of the fan grills at the bottom of your refrigerator. This will cause them to overheat and shut down.
Finally, as with many things in your home, maintenance is essential. Making sure your refrigerator is in good shape can sometimes help you avoid costly repairs. The following are a few considerations from appliance experts to help you reduce the chances of accumulating bacteria.
Ensure there’s proper ventilation around the outside and inside, so don’t overcrowd it.
Check for tears, gaps, or air leaks in the door gaskets. Make sure your water filter is changed, and your condenser coils are maintained regularly. In addition to these tips, you can also try your hands on some DIY hacks to help improve the efficiency of your fridge. Call: (647) 749-9088
Fixing your appliances will prove much more cost-effective if you do it yourself. Professional fridge repair companies can also be a great backup plan. Ensure that the company is insured and has experienced technicians. Also, have the price quote in hand before handing over your appliance for an estimate.
Although you might be willing to just put up with a few repair problems and not bother, remember that your refrigerator is one of the most significant energy-consuming appliances in your home. And the longer it takes to repair or replace it, the more money you may end up spending on additional energy costs.
We, at RepairUS, offer fridge repair services for all major brands. Contact us, and you can learn more about our services. Call: (647) 749-9088